займы честное слово миг кредит отзывы лайм займ отзывы

Pattaya Daily News

23 December 2012 :: 14:12:18 pm 69708

Van Driver Flees From LPG Gas Tank Explosion

A Nissan Serena van began burning on Sukhumvit road while the driver was coming to Pattaya from Sattahip. He quickly parked and fled the vehicle after flames erupted under the hood. The fire engulfed the van and caused the LPG gas tank to explode. No one was injured as firefighters extinguished the blaze.
Centara Grand Advertise Here

SATTAHIP – December 23, 2012 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 1:30 a.m., a report of a fire burning a car was received by Pol. Lt. Narate Boonthee, investigation officer, Sattahip police station. Police rushed to the scene and requested support from the fire truck of Sattahip municipal and the rescue officers of Sawangrojjanathammasatharn Sattahip foundation.

The incident occurred on Sukhumvit Road km.173 route Sattahip-Pattaya at Udomsak village Moo 1 Tambon Sattahip, Amphur Sattahip, Chonburi province.

At the scene, officers discovered the burning vehicle on the side of the road. A black Nissan Serena van was engulfed in flames. The driver had safely fled his vehicle when the fire started. He was identified as Mr. Manop Kaewmanee, age 32, a Sattahip resident and employee of Ford-Mazda Co., Ltd.


About 10 minutes had passed before the fire truck arrived. Rescue officers closed nearby traffic lanes and directed motorists safely outside the danger area.

Then the 50-liter LPG gas tank in back of the van exploded with very loud noise, and scattered debris in a 5-meter radius. Fortunately no one was injured. Firefighters sprayed water on the vehicle for 30 minutes to completely extinguish the blaze.

During questioning, the van driver Mr. Manop told police he was driving from his Sattahip house to Pattaya. He then smelled something burning coming from the air conditioner vents. So he parked the van and switched off the engine. Suddenly a fire began under the front hood, so he got out and ran away. In less than 10 minutes, the fire was burning the whole van.

Officers suspect the cause of the fire might have been an electric short circuit, which ignited a fire in the benzene oil system in the engine compartment. The spreading fire then caused the van’s gas tank to explode.

Reporter : Nattaphummint   Photo : Nattaphummint   Category : Community News

Comments in News


The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com