займы честное слово миг кредит отзывы лайм займ отзывы

Pattaya Daily News

06 June 2010 :: 17:06:14 pm 24022

Dynamite Used in Firework Causes Explosion in Pattaya

Four people were injured when a man making fireworks, mistakenly used a stick of dynamite which completely demolished his single storey house.
Centara Grand Advertise Here

Pattaya 6th June 2010 [Pattaya Daily News] At 12.30 pm Police Lieutenant Wirat Thetthong (Banglamung Police Investigator) received a report of an explosion that occurred at a house resulting the occupant being severely injured at 352/46, Moo 5, Nerplabwan Muslim Village, Soi Nerplunwan, Nongprue, Banglamung. Subsequently the officer informed his Superintendent who then went to the scene to investigate along with his team. 

At the scene, the officers found the explosion had completely demolished a single storey concrete house that was still smouldering.  Officials from Nongprue Municipal inspected the site in order to extinguish any fires and rescue the four injured who were sent to Banglamung Hospital for treatment.  Bystanders were ushered away from the immediate area for their own safety.

The occupants, Mr. Yaya Sukthongsa [35] was seriously injured by the explosion, with debris imbedded in his body,  Miss Areerat Pharee [12], Miss Watcharee Sukthongsa [9] both students at Baan Nernplubwan School and Mr. Don [40] were  also injured by bits of debris. They have all been treated, but are being kept under observation for any symptoms that may occur.

Mrs. Chalerm Khamalee [67] the neighbour stated that before the incident occurred she was talking with friend, when they heard a loud noise before seeing Mr. Sukthongsa’s house crashing down. The witnesses ran to a safe distance, coming back to find the bodies of Mr. Sukthongsa, his daughter, niece, and a friend lying severely injured. It was at this point they informed the police.

On examining the scene of the explosion, officers found materials used to produce bombs and explosive substances. The officer covered the materials with a tyre in order to prevent any further explosions and contacted the bomb squad from Sattahip Marine to inspect the situation.

After examining the scene, Police Colonel Somnuk Janket (Banglamung Police Superintendent) together with Nongprue Mayor, revealed that Mr. Yaya was in effect making fireworks for use in shows. The incident was presumed to be the cause of carelessness, with someone putting dynamite into the firework on production.

An investigation into whether the landlord had a business licence is now under way, as the house was close to the school and mosque which was at risk of being damaged from the explosion. If there is no license, the landlord will be charged accordingly in a judicial procedure.

Reporter : Kampee   Photo : Kampee   Category : Community News

Comments in News


The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com






Hugh Jorgan