Pattaya Daily News

12 October 2007 :: 15:10:29 pm 40420

DEADLY COCKTAIL: MAN MIXES PILLS AND ALCOHOL, OVERDOSES AND DIES

A British man was found dead, with his girlfriend nearby. Police found a number of antidepressant pills scattered about the room.
Advertise Here

On 12 October 2007, at 12:30 AM, Pattaya Investigator Police Major Somphol Nak-kamphan was notified of the death of a foreign man in Room 339/759, on the fourteenth floor of View Talay Condominium 1, Building A, Moo 12, Jomtien. Police officers, along with Sawang Boriboon rushed to the scene to investigate.
At the scene, officials discovered the body of a man, Mr. David Robert Clarke (26), a British citizen, lying on the bed. He was naked and half of his body was covered with a blanket. There were feces in the bathroom and in the bedroom, as well as on the bed. The man had vomited, also. He was believed to have been dead for about five hours.

His girlfriend, Miss Camille Lucinda Reynolds (22), was sitting on the sofa, distraught and crying. She still appeared to be under the influence of some sort of drug and could not speak intelligibly. Other items found in the room included a pornographic magazine, and antidepressant pills, Valium and Zanax on the floor.

Miss Arun Sabphrai (38), the owner of the room, came to the scene after she was notified of what happened. She told officials that she had known the dead man and his girlfriend for many years. They had come to Pattaya and rented the room from her over a month ago. They both enjoyed going out to entertainment places and drinking alcohol. In addition, they both used antidepressants, which they brought from their home country. They told her that they used the pills for sexual stimulation. She said that she warned them hat what they were doing was dangerous, but they said that this was a popular practice among teenagers in their home country.

Officials are assuming that the couple both mixed alcohol and the pills, before engaging in sexual activity, and overdosed. Miss Reynolds, the girlfriend, apparently fell asleep and didn’t realize that her friend went into shock and died as a result of overdosing. Officials brought Miss Reynolds, who was still intoxicated, to the hospital for detoxification, and sent the deceased man’s body for examination.

Reporter : Kampee   Photo : Kampee   Category : Crime News

Comments in News


    
CAPTCHA Image
*

The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com