займы честное слово миг кредит отзывы лайм займ отзывы

Pattaya Daily News

20 April 2009 :: 20:04:55 pm 38209

Young Girl Miraculously Survives Perils of The Bush For Four Days Alone

At Kao Yai National Park , an eight year-old girl was accidentally left alone for 4 nights, suffering from the cold, rain, and virtual starvation in the bush,with only leeches and a tiger for company. The girl was originally in the company of her extended family, but without her parents, and when it came time for them to leave, they overlooked the absence of their charge, leaving her to face the wilds alone.
Centara Grand Advertise Here

A week ago, Natcha Prong Santia [8], a student at a primary school in Wangmee village, Wangnumkiew, Nakornratchsima Province joined her extended family to visit the Kao Yai National Park on Songkran Day, 13 April 2009.

On the way back home, they stopped at the Kong Kaew Waterfall, where everybody had fun together.

When they left the waterfall, however, no one noticed that the girl was not in the truck with them.

It was only when the truck arrived at the exit of the park they had realized that the girl was missing. The family rushed back to the waterfall, but could not find the missing girl. They informed officials and searched for her until dark, but there was no sign of Natcha.


On the following day, 20 officials and more than 100 people separated into many different search parties to look for the missing girl, but to no avail. They even dived into the waterfall to search for her body, but still had no luck.

The head officer of the National Park, a firm believer in animism, lit 29 incense sticks and prayed to the good spirits to protect her.

Every day, they continued searching for her until the fourth day, when they eventually found the girl, who was lying exhausted, but miraculously alive on a large rock,200 metres away from the waterfall. The family members cried with relief to see her.


The girl was suffering with many bites inflicted by leeches, ticks in her ears, eyelids and all over her body. She was noticeably thinner and cried for food. She looked distinctly tired and had a fever. The head officer of the National Park attributed his intercession with the spirits for her survival.


They rushed her to Nana Hospital in Pakchong. The girl said she had been looking in vain for her family on the day that she went missing. She had walked around the bush, but the more she walked, the more she got lost. She finally found the big rock which she could sleep on when it was getting dark. She had heard the noises of insects and animal, most likely a tiger, at night.

She could not sleep, but had survived with only water from a pit. She was overjoyed to be reunited with her family, despite still being in hospital.

Reporter : PDN staff   Photo : Internet   Category : Thailand News

Comments in News


The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com