займы честное слово миг кредит отзывы лайм займ отзывы

Pattaya Daily News

02 August 2010 :: 14:08:28 pm 34118

Tiger Airways Plans Bangkok Budget Carrier Expansion

Tiger Airways Holdings is planning a low-cost addition to their already budget carrier brand, with an operational base in Bangkok scheduled. The proposed airline will compete directly against current market leader AirAsia and the emerging Jetstar.
Centara Grand Advertise Here

Bangkok, the 1st of August 2010: Having failed to launch a budget carrier in South Korea in 2008, Tiger Airways Holdings has now set its sights on Bangkok, with early estimates predicting a commencement of operations as early as 2011.

Tiger Airways, part owned by Singapore Airways, will launch the new low cost carrier in an attempt to compete with both AirAsia, the largest discount airline in the region and Jetstar, the budget affiliate of Qantas.

Initial expectations are that the budget carrier will be 51% owned by Thai Airways International and another local company while Tiger Air will own the remaining 49%. Reportedly, the venture will cover all major Thai domestic routes and international flights of up to five hours.

Following their successful inception in Singapore and expansion to Australia, Tiger Air envision Thailand as the next viable growth option with tourism increasing year on year to the region. Reports state that the carrier could potential break even for the investment in less than two years, a remarkably assessment in the ultra competitive commercial aviation industry.

Peter Harbison (managing director at the Center for Asia Pacific Aviation) revealed, “This is a really big step up for Tiger Air in terms of its regional competitiveness. This puts it firmly in the competitive market place that AirAsia and Jetstar are fighting to be in. It’s about establishing a regional brand.”

Tiger Air, AirAsia and Jetstar are accelerating expansion plans across Asia Pacific, which last year overtook intra-North America as the world’s biggest aviation market. Asia-Pacific airlines may post the biggest profit of any region this year, the International Air Transport Association has predicted.

Reporter : John Weston   Photo : Internet   Category : Thailand News

Comments in News


The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com

Dannielle Metz

height increase