займы честное слово миг кредит отзывы лайм займ отзывы

Pattaya Daily News

15 February 2013 :: 17:02:42 pm 71914

Soi Bongkot Hotel Fire Blamed On Faulty Fridge Plug

A fire at a Soi Bongkot hotel forced residents to evacuate from the building, but no one was injured. Firefighters took 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze that caused 200,000 THB in damages. The fire was apparently caused by a refrigerator plug that short circuited in a room while its occupant was out.
Centara Grand Advertise Here

PATTAYA – February, 2013 [Pattaya Daily News]; at 1:30 a.m., a report of a fire at a soi Bongkot hotel was received by Pol. Lt. Col. Prasit Mansri, detective on duty, Pattaya police station.

He rushed to the scene with fire department crew and 5 fire trucks from the Public Disaster Prevention and Relief department of Pattaya city; along with rescuers from Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan foundation Pattaya.

The fire was reported at the Prima Place Hotel on soi Bongkot in south Pattaya, address 193/415 Moo 10, Tambon Nong Prue, Banglamung, Chonburi.

Flames were burning in a 4th floor room of Building C. The severe flames were creating a thick haze of smoke in the area, which caused many Thai and foreign guests to flee the building in panic with their personal property. But no injuries were reported.

The firefighters sprayed water into the room and took about 30 minutes to completely extinguish the flames. Officials later inspected the scene. The only damage from the fire was the property in the burnt room, estimated at 200,000 baht.

Officers questioned the hotel manager, Mr. Saring Tepnapim, age 36. He said while patrolling, he suddenly smelled smoke. He turned his head and saw it was coming from the 4th floor. Then he caught glimpses of flames through the windows. So he ran to the room on fire. But the room was locked, so he kicked the door and it cracked open. Then he called the security guard to call the police.

The room’s occupant was an African woman who had been staying almost a week, the manager said. She went out to do business in the evening, and was not in the room when the fire started.

After their preliminary investigation, police assumed the fire started from a short circuit from the refrigerator plug, which created flames that spread and damaged the room. However, the burnt room will be further examined by specialists from the Chonburi scientific evidence department to determine the official cause of the fire.

Reporter : Samart   Photo : Samart   Category : Community News

Comments in News


The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com