займы честное слово миг кредит отзывы лайм займ отзывы

Pattaya Daily News

02 July 2006 :: 14:07:54 pm 20600

Proper Work Permit and Tax ID

Working in Thailand, is it possible for a person like you ? Of course to get paid for work in Thailand, even to get paid by your own company, an expat must have a work permit.
Centara Grand Advertise Here

A work permit is a blue booklet about the size of a passport which has your photo, information and pages for updates.
You will need a work permit to:
     Open a personal bank account (though some banks have sometimes skipped this requirement),on your company‘s bank account, get signatory authority on cheques (banks are strict on this)
     Apply for a 1-year visa extension
     Purchase a motor vehicle in your own nameGet a telephone line in your own name

     An employer, such as your own company, must apply on your behalf. This company must have registered capital of at least 2 million baht per expat work permit, and must maintain a Thai-to-foreigner ratio (which varies according to the nature of your business, but is typically somewhere between 4:1 and 7:1). Your company must offer you a minimum salary according to your nationality and job description (e.g., Americans must be paid at least 60,000 baht for most jobs). Your job classification must be permitted, and your job description must be perceived as beneficial to Thailand and not taking away a job from a Thai. You must be holding a “Non Immigrant B” visa, also known as a “business visa”

     After you receive your work permit, then you go to the Revenue Department and get a personal tax ID card, which is a plastic laminated card approximately the size of a driver‘s license but it does not have your photo on it. That card has your tax ID number on it, which you will also need in order to get paid by the accountants in Thailand.

The application consists of:

     your work permit application forms
     your passport, together with photocopies of passport title page (your identification and photo), current nonimmigrant visa page, entrance stamp and entry card
     a doctor‘s certificate stating you are in good health (and I cannot refute that countless doctors and clinics routinely give out these signed forms for only 100 or 200 baht without conducting any exam whatsoever)
     your company‘s documentation (legal, tax, employee and other documentation)
     a copy of your company‘s bank books which shows the 2 million baht of paid up capital, or other documentation (the registered capital does not need to all be cash or “paid up”, but can be assets such as company owned car, computers, equipment, etc.)
     two color, 4 cm x 5 cm sized photos, a common size at photo shops but NOT passport sized!
    The time required to receive your work permit varies from a few days to a few months, if approved. If it seems to be taking too long, then the officials may be indecisive about your application. If your visa ends before your application is approved, then it‘s essentially a modest rejection. (It‘s often better if you have a third party Thai agent talk with the officials.)
     If approved, then you next get a tax ID card. Getting the tax ID card is very easy and quick, usually all done in one day.
     After that, you will pay income tax (very reasonable in Thailand) and can be an more upstanding member of Thai society. For example, if you make 35,000 baht per month, or 420,000 baht per year, and take deductions for a wife and two children to reduce taxable income to 330,000 baht, then you would pay Personal Income Tax (PIT) of less than 10%, or approximately 28,000 baht. Some of this will be withheld from your pay each month by your accountant, and you can make up the difference at the end of the year.

For more information click here

Reporter : PDN staff   Photo : Internet   Category : Legal

Comments in News


The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com