займы честное слово миг кредит отзывы лайм займ отзывы

Pattaya Daily News

22 August 2009 :: 13:08:23 pm 8755

Police Claim German Killed By M33 Hand Grenade – Not C 4

Pattaya, August 22, [PDN]: Officials investigating the case involving the death of a German engineer, Mr. Uwe Keienburg, have revealed he was killed by an explosion from an M33 grenade and not C4, as originally suspected. His Thai wife has meanwhile provided more information and police say the case could still be suicide or murder.
Centara Grand Advertise Here

At 4:00 pm on the 21st August 2009 Police Major General Niwat Wattanatammawat and his team inspected the area where the body was found, together with the BMW car belonging to the deceased which had been taken to the Huay Yai police station for examination.

The police said the car had obviously been cleaned before being driven to the area where it was found. Police have so far found no suspicious evidence in the vehicle and all indications are that, apart from the driver, there were no other passengers.

In the glove compartment, police found a receipt from the Burapa Withi toll booth of the express way showing that the car had passed it at 10.43 am. They also found a photo of Mr. Keienburt in a group of people including Police General San Sarutanon, a former Commissioner General, taken at a party. Components of an Apple notebook were also found but no signs of foul play.

Police Major General Niwat said that villagers had heard the sound of an explosion at around 2.00 pm but no one paid attention until his body was found at 11.30 am on the following day just 300 – 400 meters away from the parked car.

The police said it was difficult to say if he was murdered or not , but it is clear he must have either been holding the grenade, or it was attached to the upper part of his body.

At 6.30 pm Mr Keienburt’s wife, Mrs Araya, traveled from Bangkok to assist Police Colonel Aukaradetch Pimonsri and Police Lieutenant Colonel Prakob Sangpring at the Huay Yai police station with their investigation. She told them that she didn’t know much about her husband’s private matters. She said her husband was an engineer and had business interests in India and was also the Vice President of the Vinci Construction Company and two other companies. They had been married for 9 years and had one child.


Police Major General Niwat said preliminary investigations indicate the possibility of suicide as the deceased had problems with his business. However, murder has not been ruled out as he had also incurred significant debts with other German nationals.


Reporter : Jirrawat   Photo : Jirrawat   Category : Crime News

Comments in News


The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com