Pattaya Daily News

11 February 2010 :: 15:02:33 pm 13058

Pattaya Contractor Electrocuted Whilst Working at 7/Eleven

A Thai man contracted to erect a signpost out the front of a Pattaya 7/Eleven has been electrocuted by high voltage powerlines. It is believed that the man was working at height when his head came into contact with the power cables.
Advertise Here

Pattaya 11th February 2010 [Pattaya Daily News] At approximately 3.00 pm a Sawang Boriboon radio report stated that a Thai man had been electrocuted whilst working at a seven eleven on Soi Mab Bon, Krating Lai – Rayong Road, Pattaya. Rescue officers attended the scene imediately.

At the scene of the of the incident, the officers discovered the injured man, Mr. Nikorn Unnamthieng [33] from Roi Ed (a sign maker), lying unconscious with serious burns to his body, a bloody nose and mouth and wearing only fragments of clothing. He was rushed to the Banglamung Hospital for treatment, before being transferred to the burns department at Chon Buri Hospital.

Witness statements revealed that Mr. Unnamthieng and his 2 colleagues had arrived in order to install the sign in front of the mini mart. Whilst he was working on the scaffold to attach the sign, his head must have touched the high voltage electricity cables overhead throwing him to the ground leaving him with severe injuries. They went on to say the man was lucky to have survived the incident.

Reporter : Wirraphun   Photo : Wirraphun   Category : Community News

Comments in News


    
CAPTCHA Image
*

The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com

gary london

Bob

pete

Hugh Jorgan