займы честное слово миг кредит отзывы лайм займ отзывы

Pattaya Daily News

18 December 2007 :: 17:12:10 pm 38273


A man, distraught over his girlfriend leaving him, climbed to the top of Dtag telephone signal pole on Soi Chaiyapruk. It took over five hours to get him to come down.
Centara Grand Advertise Here

On 18 December 2007, at 1pm, Police Colonel Noppadon Wongnom and his team, along with Sawang Boriboon Rescue, an ambulance and a fire truck, rushed to Soi Chaiyapruk after receiving a phone call form a reporter about a man who had climbed to the top of a telephone signal pole. At the scene, many bystanders were gathered and looking up to the top of the pole. The incident happened on a relatively quiet soi. The man was standing on top of the pole, which is about one hundred meters high. He was so high up that it was difficult to see him clearly. DCMAN, the photographer, went to the top of a building opposite the pole and managed to obtain exclusive photos and video.

According to witnesses, Mr. Winai Pantana (35) from Pisanulok Province, had been climbing up and down the pole, looking distraught. More and more people were gathering around the area. Even Pattaya City deputies showed up, as if the man was some sort of celebrity. The five hour saga gave the quiet soi some notoriety that day. Traffic was blocked for most of the day. The man bantered with the officers, who tried to convince him to climb down. According to one of the deputies, the man had wanted his girlfriend to go back to Bangkok with him, but she refused. His girlfriend, Miss Nokeingdong (24) didn?t want anymore to do with Mr. Winai, who had been drinking and taking drugs and was unable to take care of her. She decided to work as a waitress in a South Pattaya bar. In the morning of the incident, he came to see her and they talked. However, she rushed out to the bus station and went to Bangkok. Mr. Winai tried to call her but she didn?t answer the phone. He, then, slowly walked to the pole, which is situated right in front of a workers? construction site.

According to another witness, Mr. Winai is married. His wife found out that he was cheating on her for the past three years. When she gave him an ultimatum to choose between her and his girlfriend, he chose them both. This was not the response his wife wanted and she left. It took a total of five hours to wear down the distraught man and convince him to climb down from his perch. The officer’s team worked very professionally and diligently to save the man’s life.

Reporter : Kampee   Photo : DCman   Category : Crime News

Comments in News


The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com