Pattaya Daily News

04 February 2011 :: 13:02:28 pm 49821

Major Blaze at Sri Racha Warehouse

A fire broke out at the Warehouse, Sri Racha Silo, Chonburi, which was used for storing Eucolyptus wood. While the warehouse was preparing to send the eucalyptus to a powerhouse, the flames started bursting out. Ten fire brigades were unable to extinguish the fire. The smoke from the fire clouded above the whole of Sri Racha, causing inconvenience for residence.
Advertise Here

3rd January 2011 [Pattaya Daily News] At 12.00, a fire burst out at the Warehouse of Silo Sri Racha Co Ltd. storing agricultural products, which is situated at 88 Moo 4 Surasak Sri Racha Chonburi . The fire consumed over 2000 trees of eucalyptus wood stored in the warehouse. The wood was an excellent combustible source for the fire to grow extremely rapidly, causing the Warehouse to collapse.

Although ten fire trucks were unable to extinguish the fire, they could contain it so that its flames did not ignite a neighbouring warehouse. An officer of the fire brigade explained that as dry eucalyptus wood made an excellent fuel for the fire to burst out extremely fast and ferociously, all they could do was to prevent other warehouses from being burnt down as well. They had to wait until the flames calmed down by themselves and then they would be able to extinguish them and make sure that a fire wouldn’t break out again, which may take several hours. The cloud of smoke that was caused by this fire was clouding over the whole of Sri Racha, causing inconvenience for the citizens, especially people who had just washed their laundry and hung them up outside to dry as ashes were blown through the air, distributing soot everywhere.

The fire was caused by an electrical short circuit in a machine within the warehouse, which caused a flame to bounce onto the pile of eucalyptus wood. The 2,000 eucalyptus trees piled up there were at the moment being prepared to be sent to a power station as firewood and as such provided an ideal source of combustion, causing the fire to break out extremely rapidly. The cost of the damage could not yet be estimated .

Reporter : Yanwarrut   Photo : Yanwarrut   Category : Community News

Comments in News


    
CAPTCHA Image
*

The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com

Real Rob: