займы честное слово миг кредит отзывы лайм займ отзывы

Pattaya Daily News

25 March 2010 :: 18:03:34 pm 16606

Lonely, Forlorn Brit Found Dead In Room Of Jomtien Bar

At 11.00 am, on 25th March, 2009, Pol.Lt.Col. Pradipat Poolee, Dongtan police investigator was informed that a foreign man had been found dead in a room of the Wombat Bar, Jomtien Soi 9, Jomtien Beach Road. A patrol of two police officers was sent to scene and the rescue team informed.
Centara Grand Advertise Here

At the 4-storey building with a bar on the ground floor, the bar staff and the management were gathered around waiting for the police. It took one hour for the rescue team to arrive and they all waited for the duty police officer/s to arrive.
At 1 pm. Pol.Lt.Col. Pradipat Poolee eventually arrived and started to examine Room D on the second floor. He found the body of Mr. Wally P.Bishop, aged around 65, a British national, lying on the bed with his legs hanging down from the bed. He was bleeding from the mouth and nose, however, the police ruled out foul play, as here were no signs of his being attacked. The police estimated the man had been dead for at least 6 hours.
The police searched his pockets and found 2 credit cards, Bt1000, glasses and some asthma breathing kit, as well as an open bottle of drinking water on the bed head.
The body of Mr. Bishop was collected by the rescue team and will be sent for an autopsy in Bangkok.
Miss Somjit Nampan, [35], a member of the bar staff said Mr. Bishop had been a regular customer until last year, after which he had disappeared. On the night the incident occurred, he had walked into the bar in a drunken state and sat at the bar, ordered his drinks and asked for a room to stay overnight because he was too drunk to leave. Mr. Bishop paid Bt400 for his room and was led there by a staff member.
The police assumed he had been suffering with a congenital disease. The British Embassy will be informed accordingly.
The True Circumstances Behind The Mysterious Death Of Mr. Wally
Mr. Wally P. Bishop, a British National, aged around 65, arrived at the Wombat Bar at 8.00 pm. on Wednesday night, 24th March 2010. He had travelled to the bar by motorbike taxi, the driver of which had complained that Mr. Bishop had refused to wear a helmet. The bar staff also said he was already drunk when he arrived.
Mr. Bishop sat at the bar and had about 3-4 glasses of Sangsom [Thai whiskey] with the bar owner and also chatted with the cashier. At 10.00 pm, he asked for a room to stay overnight due to his drunken state and because he was tired. A staff member opened a room for him on the second floor and left him alone.


At 11.00 am. next morning [25th March], a maid who lives in the building and who was cleaning the guest rooms, walked past Mr. Bishop’s room and noticed that he hadn’t locked his door. She opened the door and found Mr. Bishop lying with the upper part of his body on the bed and his legs hanging down. His trousers were rolled down to his thighs, indicating that he was trying to take them off when he could have fallen down or have been  really drunk.

The maid then ran downstairs and informed the rest of the staff who also live in the same building. The incident was immediately reported to the boss who lives about 2 kms. away from the bar.
It actually took one hour for the rescue team to arrive after being repeatedly called at least three times and two hours for the duty police officer to turn up. The favourite Thai reporters’ phrase of police and paramedics ‘rushing to the scene’ most definitely did not apply in this case!

No passport was found, so quite how the dead man was correctly identified we do not know. The editor-in-chief actually went to Pattaya Soi 7, to search personally for the Wally bar, which she had been told was owned by the dead man. There she found an old sign which had been replaced by a new bar sign indicating the bar had a new name – the Excellent Bar. The staff gave her the details of the bar caretaker who was initially reticent and eventually reluctantly admitted that the Wally bar had been taken over by the management because of non-payment of rent about a year ago. No one knew the whereabouts of Wally now. The lease was in his wife’s name and she had ‘done a runner’ with all the money. And so it goes!


Go Mad – Drown Your Sorrows & Drink Yourselves To Death
Liver disease is one of the most common ways of dying through excessive drinking. While we know that this is not the only fatal cause of death associated with drinking, it is one of the most prevalent, especially for those who have been drinking over a long period of time. Alcoholism effects on the body organs can be pervasive, especially the liver which is subjected to major damage.

Reporter : PDN staff   Photo : PDN staff   Category : Community News

Comments in News


The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com



steven dudgeon

Martin B



Lorraine Smith

Greg Cook


Ginette Mckenzie

Sadie Spencer



alan kemp



Charlie Frost


pat trumble



Hotman Paris

jack dawson








ima shopper


Hugh Jorgan