Pattaya Daily News

10 November 2007 :: 12:11:31 pm 39201

HOUSE ON FIRE, TENANT LEAVES JOSS STICK AND CANDLE BURNINGHOUSE ON FIRE, TENANT LEAVES JOSS STICK AND CANDLE BURNING

One of the rooms at a row house was on fire. The damage was more than hundred thousand baht. Officials presumed that the tenant went out and had left candle and incense stick burning.
Advertise Here

On November 9, 2007, at 12.00, Pol.Lt.Col. Niphon Pomsanam, Sattahip police investigator, Chonburi, was informed by Mrs. Tuey Chainet, (69), the owner of a row house for rent, that one of her rooms was on fire and the fire was extinguished by Bangsaray municipal district. The incident was at a row house, room No. 1, Moo 6, Bangsaray, Sattahip, Chonburi, which was rented by Mrs. Boontieng Permnam (64), to stay with her son and a niece. While the room was catching fire, the tenant was not in the room and the room was locked. Fortunately, the fire fighters from Bangsaray municipal district helped to put out the fire in time before it spread.
Sattahip district-chief-officer, Mr. Narong Theera-jantharang-goon, Mr. Pinsom Nimsuwan, Mayor of Bangsaray district local government, Mr. Kasem Ho-suwan, Mayor of Bangsaray district local management, police officers and rescue team of Sattahip Sawang Rojana-thamasathan, rushed to the incident.

Mrs. Boontieng, tenant of the room, told officials that she had lit the candle and incense stick to worship her Buddha images which were on the shelf attached to the wooden wall. After that she left the room, going out to pick some grass for her Guinea pig pets. She recalled that she had already put out the candle on the shelf before she left. The total damage was about 100,000 baht. The damage contents were Buddha images, a motorbike, a refrigerator, two TV sets, a 7.5 gram gold necklace, a 7.5 gram gold bracelet and a mobile phone.

Officials examined the room and found out that the source of fire should come from the Buddha image shelf, which was on the wall, about one meter high off the ground, had fallen down on the floor. All Buddha images were also damaged. Officials will question Mrs. Boontieng for further investigation whether she was careless or the fire caused by electric short circuit, according to her report. The officials will examine the room thoroughly.

Reporter : Nattaphummint   Photo : Nattaphummint   Category : Crime News

Comments in News


    
CAPTCHA Image
*

The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com