займы честное слово миг кредит отзывы лайм займ отзывы

Pattaya Daily News

15 August 2012 :: 13:08:48 pm 65693

Crewman Dies After Boat Explodes in Rayong Bay

Three crew members were rescued from the ocean after an explosive fire on board sank a transport boat in Rayong Bay. A helicopter search failed to find a fourth missing crewmember. His body was later found at Rayong beach.
Centara Grand Advertise Here

SATTAHIP – August 13, 2012 [Pattaya Daily News]; a modified fishing boat caught fire and sank while it was traveling from the beach of Baan Pae, Rayong province, to deliver oil to port Tambon Samaesarn, Amphur Sattahip, Chonburi province.

The blue fishing boat size 7, wah 2 sok, had been modified to contain Diesel oil, size 500 liters. But an explosion occurred on the boat while it was traveling. The resulting fire burned the boat severely, and the boat sank about 3 miles from shore, near the IRPC Co. Ltd.

The master of the boat and three crewmembers were floating in the sea for many hours before they were rescued by a passing fishing boat. However, one of the crewmembers had disappeared and was missing. He was identified as Mr. Voravuth Sawasdee age 29.

The Navy began a helicopter search on August 14 at 3 p.m, under the order of Vice Admiral Choomphol Wongvekin, Commissioner, Navy, section 1. He commanded Captain Phanom Kuanpradit, the director of strategic and news, navy, section 1; to coordinate with specific flying unit, navy, section 1; to bring a “superlink” helicopter to search for the crewman.

The helicopter flew from U-Taphao navy airport, Amphur Baan Chang, Rayong province, under the command of Lt. Commander Jirayuth Jaemphongsa and pilot Lt. Pichet Krachangphoe.

The helicopter flew over the wreckage area to survey the damage. They found the end of the boat was still floating but was nearly submerged vertically. The front of the boat was only protruding about 1 meter above the water. They also saw a narrow oil stain extending about 300 meters on the ocean surface.

The helicopter searched for more than two hours for the missing crewmember, covering an area of 3 square km. But they were unsuccessful in finding him. Mr. Voravuth’s body was later found at Rayong beach, about 10 km from the capsizing, according to the the Rayong Harbour Department.

The Harbour Department and sea police are coordinating to monitor the floating oil stain for any adverse impacts or pollution to the ocean area. The cause of explosion is still under investigation and authorities expect to find out the cause after talking to the survivors.

Reporter : Nattaphummint   Photo : Nattaphummint   Category : Community News

Comments in News


The messages you read here are opinions from the public and posted into the Forum automatically. The systems owner is not responsible for any content in the Forum or any comments posted. There is no proof that the contents posted are genuine or not, even if the name of the poster is real, th erefore, please use common sense when reading the Forum. If there are topics which are against the law or immoral, please contact webmaster@pattayadailynews.com